Teardrops

Going through difficult times in life is unavoidable.  Life is full of ups and downs.  During the difficult journey with my dad, I was going through a great deal of emotions like anger, frustration, sadness, impatience etc. However instead of showing everyone how I felt I did the opposite. I pushed down any and all hint of emotion. I did not allow my mind to showany emotion on my face. I also did not allow myself to feel anything.  In other words, I went numb. Why did I do this?  You may be wondering. Well, the simplest answer is because this is my coping mechanism whenprocessing and dealing with difficult situations.  My mind goes into autopilot and I felt that it was necessary to appear to be strong, calm and collected at all times. However, all the bottled-up emotions were stressing my body.  I can only compare it to having can of soda or sparkling water shaken vigorously and all that gaseous carbonation gets all agitated and its ready to explode at any time.   From my cancer journey, I knew of a solution to unwind and release all the stress from my body.  I needed a good cry.  It might seem counterintuitive to think that crying could make anyone happy, but honestly it can be one of the best ways to improve anxiety levels and lift up your spirts and your overall mood. Given all that was going on at the time it didn’t take any effort to just open the flood gates and have a much-needed cry to let it all out. However, if anyone is unable to cry at a moment’s notice naturally, that is just fine.  I used to be same way until I started watching sad movies, or  shows. Even listening to sad songs sometimes makes me cry.  Having a good cry is another step I am taking in my self-care journey.

#Emotions

One thought on “Teardrops

1. March 23, 2023 at 6:28 am

Yes, I think you needed a release from all that anxiety and fear. Unfortunately I cannot remain stoic. You are better at coping than I am. Any how I hope you get the release you need. Was thinking of you while praying for you and your father. It’s been going on a long time. God bless you both!! Let Him hold you in His arms and have a good release! ❣️❣️🙏🏽🙏🏽❤️❤️

Liked by 2 people

• March 23, 2023 at 10:40 am

Hi Ellen I’m so glad that you are able to express your emotions as you feel them and not remain stoic or silent. Being stoic or silent is not good for our health. I need to learn from you and express my emotions at the time I feel them for my own well being. Thank you so much for all your beautiful words of encouragement, support and prayers for my dad and I. It really means more than you know. Many blessings and prayers for you and your husband always. 🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤🤗🤗🤗

Liked by 3 people

2. March 23, 2023 at 10:43 am

Oh, Kelly, I wish I could be stoic. I am like water works. The imagination stirs them up and then floods. A happy medium would be good for both of us. Thanks for your sweet blessings to us. I send the same to you.🙏🏽❣️🙏🏽❣️🙏🏽🥰

Liked by 2 people

• March 23, 2023 at 10:48 am

Oh Ellen your so sweet. You are just like one of my close friends from childhood that wrote the “Stairway of Life” poem. She has always been like water works too. You are correct it would be nice to have a happy medium between all three of us.❤❤🙏🙏🤗🤗

Liked by 3 people

3. March 23, 2023 at 10:51 am

👍🙏🏽🙏🏽🦜😢🙏🏽

Liked by 2 people

4. April 20, 2023 at 4:06 am

Kelly first of all how are you..
    I really hope that you are fine and ok and of not then you should express your thoughts freely! There’s nobody who’s gonna judge you so relax..
    Take care of yourself 🤗😊

Liked by 3 people

• April 20, 2023 at 6:58 am

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement support and understanding. Truely grateful 🤗❤

Liked by 2 people

• April 20, 2023 at 10:14 am

Yaa I know that you’re a nice person and the one who just needs a kind person to share things with..
        And it’s always a pleasure fore to say about what you deserve 😊❤❤
        Take care