October is such a wonderful month for so many different reasons. I am particularly fond of this month because it is my birthday month. In my younger years I loved celebrating my birthday because I would get to eat cake, get gifts and it was simply a joyous occasion. Fast forward as an adult, I still enjoy celebrating my birthday for a completely different reasons. Now, I celebrate another year of being alive and continue my journey as a cancer survivor. With the pandemic, we have experienced life differently which has caused me to be especially grateful of being blessed with the gift of life. This year, my birthday has a different meaning for me.
• As a cancer survivor, I am genuinely thankful for my health.
• I am thankful for my family, friends and relationships.
• I am thankful to have a job and all the necessities.
• I am thankful to be able to celebrate another year.
• Most of all, I am thankful for a loving God who has given me so many blessings, taught me many lessons, helped me overcome hardships and given me the strength to move forward in our current climate.
I have also learned to enjoy every moment which calls to celebrate life!